Great minds, 3 minutes, 1 day – Falling Walls Labs take place globally throughout the year. The Lab is a platform for excellent academics, entrepreneurs and professionals from all disciplines who get the opportunity to present their research work, business model, innovative project or idea with peers and a distinguished jury from academia and business. Each participant has 3-minute time on stage.
Falling Walls Labs take place globally throughout the year. This year, the winner of each international Falling Walls Lab qualifies for the Finale on November 7, 2021, category Emerging Talents .
The winner of the local Lab gets to attend Falling Walls Conference.
The Falling Walls Lab Adlershof is hosted by Joint Initiative of Non-University Research Institutes Adlershof (IGAFA) and Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) and will take place on Otcober 1, 2021 at the BAM in Adlershof.
Who can apply? Call for Applications!
If an applicant has a Bachelor’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 10 years.
If an applicant has a Master’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 7 years.
If an applicant has a PhD, the degree should not date back more than 5 years.
Postdocs and students currently enrolled in university are also eligible to apply.
Applications can be submitted via www.falling-walls.com/lab/apply. The application deadline is 6 September 2021.
Winner of the Falling Walls Lab Adlershof 2020:
1. Place: Dr. Chayanika Das (India): BREAKING THE WALL OF MAGNESIUM CORROSION
1. Place: Svea Stephan (Germany): BREAKING THE WALL OF EXPLOITING FINITE RESSOURCES.
Winner of the Falling Walls Lab Adlershof 2019:
1. Place: Julius Upmeier zu Belzen (Germany): BREAKING THE WALL OF BLACK BOXES IN BIOMEDICAL AI
2. Place: Dr. Anna Katharina Pikos (Germany): BREAKING THE WALL OF GENDER GAPS
3. Place: Benjamin Herzog (Germany): BREAKING THE WALL OF SUSTAINABLE AIR CLEANING
Winner of the Falling Walls Lab Adlershof 2018:
1. Place: Dr. Charlie R. Cotton (GB)
2. Place: Dr. Anna Raysan (Armenien)
3. Place: Thomas Uhlig (Deutschland)