Great minds, 3 minutes, 1 day – Falling Walls Labs take place globally throughout the year. The Lab is a platform for excellent academics, entrepreneurs and professionals from all disciplines who get the opportunity to present their research work, business model, innovative project or idea with peers and a distinguished jury from academia and business. Each participant has 3-minute time on stage.
The Falling Walls Lab Adlershof is hosted by Joint Initiative of Non-University Research Institutes Adlershof (IGAFA) and Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) and took place on September 27, 2019:
Winner of the Falling Walls Lab Adlershof 2019:
1. Place: Julius Upmeier zu Belzen (Germany): BREAKING THE WALL OF BLACK BOXES IN BIOMEDICAL AI
2. Place: Dr. Anna Katharina Pikos (Germany): BREAKING THE WALL OF GENDER GAPS
3. Place: Benjamin Herzog (Germany): BREAKING THE WALL OF SUSTAINABLE AIR CLEANING
Winner of the Falling Walls Lab Adlershof 2018:
1. Place: Dr. Charlie R. Cotton (GB)
2. Place: Dr. Anna Raysan (Armenien)
3. Place Thomas Uhlig (Deutschland)
The winner of each international Falling Walls Lab qualifies for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin, which is held every year on November 8 and is closely connected to the annual and internationally renowned Falling Walls Conference, taking place on November 9.